Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the air

So, Spencer was pretty excited when we saw the sign shown below posted on the side of the plane. To be honest, I was excited too. As much as I really don't think we need to have constant access to wi-fi, it's a pretty cool concept to think we could be flying at thirty something thousand feet and sending emails to Jason and Jacob or adding to our NYC Blog in real-time. However, I just couldn't justify spending $15 for the ability to connect to wi-fi for a few hours, so we went without. Maybe for the return trip I'll splurge. We'll see.



Our flight has been good. Spencer is happy because the seats are bigger than on the little shuttle flight to Seattle and he has a window seat. There's a little kid who's sitting behind us and has been alternating between crying and babbling for the whole flight. Spencer said, if you imagine it as singing, it kind of sounds like it. So, it isn't really bothering either of us.

I have to say also, I find it ironic and appropriate that this same little kid Spencer is sitting in front of has been inconsistently kicking Spencer's seat for our entire flight. Spencer's comment was that he supposed it was reasonable since he does it, but it's still annoying... maybe some insight for Spencer to use in the future?

...time passes...

So, it's now 7:30, or 10:30 depending on your time zone and we have less than an hour left in our flight. That's all good with me because I'm done with being confined in my "responsible" position- that means sitting without putting my legs up on the seat in front of me or perching on an armrest. This is the position I want to be in...



Anyway, I can tell we're going down because my ears are slowly imploding...not painfully, but it's getting loud and muffled inside my head at the same time. I can make it though (really I have no option, but I like to feel I have choices); in an hour we will be shuttle bussing our way to our hotel for the night. I'm looking forward to brushing my teeth!

Happy landings!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment